Get familiar with the Air Guard
The Air Guard is the ideal complement to college.
Our student members are full-time students at public and private North Dakota colleges or vocational schools. Then each month they serve a weekend at the 119th base in Fargo. That combination give them:
- Broad exposure to career options that can be used anywhere
- Hands-on leadership training
- Great pay and free tuition
Members commit to serve one weekend per month plus 15 days per year (typically in the summer) at bases right in our state
What happens after college?
- Earn a graduate degree (Air Guard pays a portion)
- Pursue a "civilian" career
- Start a full-time position in any of 70 different career choices with the Air Guard
- A combination of the above
What about the pressure to enlist?
We have a no-pressure recruiting process for students and their parents. We’re looking for people with the right fit. Parents are welcome at family visits, job shadowing and other aspects of the process: just as you visit a college campus and meet staff members, we want you to experience the Air Guard.